It is especially important, when planning to travel by motorcoach throughout North America, to choose a United States Department of Defense (U.S. DOD) safety-certified passenger transport (Motorcoach) company.
Why? Because the DOD demands a far more comprehensive list of safety and quality standard of operating requirements to be met by its list of approved passenger transport entities than of those passenger transport companies, which are not DOD safety-certified.
An independent, licensed safety and quality inspector must routinely audit all DOD safety-certified passenger transport companies.
The DOD is currently the only measurable safety and quality standardization process of its kind; and only those passenger transport companies that are DOD safety-certified are allowed to transport military personnel.
DOD safety-certification standards are designed to provide all passengers with the most enjoyable and safest journey possible.
The U.S. DOD Safety Certification Standards ensure:
- Trailways drivers are fully uniformed.
- Trailways is formally committed to persistent training and standardized operating procedures, which aim to ensure safety and quality training procedures are present at all times.
- Trailways motorcoach company’s vehicle safety maintenance system and maintenance records are subject to sever scrutiny as part of the quality assurance scheme.
- There is an internal system in place, which includes documented checks to ensure that Trailways DOD safety-certified vehicles are safe, reliable, and presentable at all times.
- Trailways has a standardized, 24-hour Emergency Help-Line procedure in place.
- In the event of a vehicle shortfall either through defect or over commitment, substituted Trailways vehicles will meet the same high standards as an originally reserved vehicle.
- A clean, safe and professional environment consistent with all health and safety regulations provided by Trailways at all times.
- In the unlikely event of a problem, every Trailways motorcoach company has a dedicated department or staff-official willing and able to manage issues quickly and efficiently.
REMEMBER: Only the DOD can provide objective, independent evidence that the North American-based passenger transport carrier maintains the highest possible safety and quality standards offered in motorcoach travel. Therefore, every time you travel by motorcoach, it is important to ensure you are traveling aboard a DOD safety-certified motorcoach company!
More Charter Information
Trailways Transportation System has compiled a list of Consumer Protection Tips.
The Federal D.O.T. provides information about Bus Carrier Safety.